Originally Posted by rosco1
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
26", 8", 7828ssc

24", 9.5", 7828ssc

Damn. matches the top speed i've seen out of my 24" 7 weatherby. Those 195's are phenomenal, I have limited terminal performance to draw upon, as my tags this year were archery and musket, then broken leg. but a few buds ran them thru deer and elk and gave the thumbs up.

Also i was dickin' around with my L691 270wby and 170 EOL's, they were key holing..Thought nothing of it until Barsness reported them flying true out of a 1/10" 270 win. So i measured my twist, 11.75" is what i came up with..Eat a dick douglas!

I requested a 1-10" when i sent it in years ago, but never bothered to verify till the 170 EOL came on the market. Oh well, a 1-8" will shine.

Yeah, the 195's are simply awesome, but they sure don't dig very deep! wink I caught one last year under the offside hide of a decent WT buck shot broadside. It did punch both shoulder blades, but I would have thought that 195 grains of 7mm bullet just might exit. How'd it do for your buds?

A nearly 12" twist in a .277" bore brings no joy. I'm sure life will be better once you go 8" smile Did you hear anything about Matrix discontinuing .277" offerings? On their site they're not listed for sale anymore...