Originally Posted by irfubar
We all need to listen to the great one!!............

#110279 - 11/24/02 01:17 AM Re: Well.What do you know-A 257 Wby WILL kill a deer!
Big Stick Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: Paradise,Alaska
James,

A pard and I were commenting upon the 257Wby in general,just the other day at work. He's likely had as many diverse different chamberings as I have and has Hunted in situations different from me(as we are from different locales originally). Despite the vast differences in prior experiences,we were/are in consensus that the 257Wby is our collective favorite cartridge.

I kick myself in the ass,because I just KNEW it had to be great,even before I built my first. For some reason,I waited to build my first,but I guess the other experiences made me appreciate the 257Wby even more. I could weigh it against lots of other stuff and fully appreciate it's magnitude in a direct comparison(reflecting back,in my mind's eye,upon deeds done by the others). That is likely the reason,I'm such a fan. If it were the only chambering I'd ever owned,it would have certainly still dazzled me,but after having run the gamut it is even more impressive. How and why,it does what it does,is not fully understood by me,nor do I truly care.

What I DO understand,is it's "Holy [bleep]!!" effects upon Game. It's sorta' like cheatin'. It gobbles great distances without breaking stride,does so with extreme accuracy,delivers minimal recoil and is a literal Wrecking Ball upon receipt.

The MOJO Runneth Over,with oodle.s to spare....................

More "Mojo" hot dog! grin

Wonder if the "Mojo" is used at the bullet companies.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken