There you are you LITTLE pariah. Thought we may have lost you to cirrhosis. Never seen a 162 ELD X? Hornady must be doing false advertising then as those be the little Crown Jewels sitting atop all my 280 AI cases.
I will give due credit to the little Creed and the Montana rifle. It isn't hard to combine a good cartridge with a good rifle and have good results. Where you severely lack is in reading comprehension. Facts given that the shooter is a newbie, doesn't handload and is going to chase elk, make me steer away from the Creed.
Long range hunting/shooting is a process or an evolution. New people make mistakes like losing or forgetting ammo for a hunt, lose interest in the game, misjudge distance and are hunting in areas where game can cross borders quickly.
A 7mm Remington Mag makes sense over the Creed IMO because if you leave ammo behind you can get decent ammo damn near anywhere. A 7 mag can be pedaled easier if the new shooter loses interest or wants to get money for a Creed. And comparing the two in like ammo lines (Hornady Precision Hunter) you have a higher BC bullet with more horsepower. A plus when you're shooting at a draft horse sized animal. Available platforms in 7 mag are as ubiquitous as an '06. Recoil is very tolerable for the performance with good bullets. It is not as well designed as the Creed but for THIS intended purpose it has advantages.

Last edited by Stickbow; 01/08/17.