Originally Posted by Hastings
I read that the universe is 13.8 billion years old and was formed when gravity or something pulled all matter into such a dense mass that something had to give and we had the mother of a nuclear type of an explosion. Young earth folks say against all evidence that creation was like 5,000 years ago and earth was created and populated in 7 days. I am not atheist but sticking to that 5000 year story doesn't wash. I believe a lot of these 5,000 year creationists cause a lot of thinking people to shake their heads and walk off.

In order to believe the Bible is perfect in every factual detail, a 6,000 to 10,000 year old earth is required. Once you no longer believe the age of the earth as portrayed in the Bible is wrong it opens up the question to how much more of it is wrong. Additionally, if the God inspired Bible is wrong about this, God is not all knowing, with brings into question all other attributes attributed to him in the Bible.

From there, it get's worse for Christians. No literal creation story, not Adam and Eve. No Adam and Eve no original Sin. Without Original Sin there's no need for the Crucifixion, and Reresection, without which there's no pathway to Heaven and an eternity in Happily Ever After Land.

So, without a young earth, there's no trip to Disney Land.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell