Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Hastings
Jesus never disowned the Jews

John 8:42-47,...the Messiah spells it out in plain language who they are that choose not to follow him.
The first Christians were by far mostly people born as Jews

Mat 15:22 And behold, a Canaanite woman from that region came out and was crying, "Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David; my daughter is severely oppressed by a demon."
23 But he did not answer her a word. And his disciples came and begged him, saying, "Send her away, for she is crying out after us."
24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."
25 But she came and knelt before him, saying, "Lord, help me."
26 And he answered, "It is not right to take the children’s bread and throw it to the dogs."
27 She said, "Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters’ table."
28 Then Jesus answered her, "O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire." And her daughter was healed instantly.

Jesus was born as a Jew, all of the disciples were Jews, and he flat out said that he came for the Jews. It was only after the Jews rejected him that he personally tagged Paul to be an apostle to the Gentiles. Then he visited Peter in a vision and told him that he'd made the Gentiles clean and to go to them.

Jesus came to the Jews to fulfil the law they'd lived under for 2000 years. He fulfilled dozens of prophecies written in their own scriptures. The Gentiles had never been under the law. Jesus sent Paul to them with a new message, one of grace, not law. The main thing that tied the Jews to the covenant was circumcision. It preceded the law and was all important to the Jews but when the Holy Spirit led the apostles to the Gentiles, it was no longer required. That's very significant. Paul wrote vigorously against gentiles being circumcised. He apparently believed that they would think they were saved by that rather than by grace. It would lead them toward believing they were saved by a work rather than faith.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.