Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Hastings
You are correct. A good bit of the 613 rules do not apply. I am not a Levite priest so all that is out. I can marry a gentile so that is out, I don't have to follow the rules for kings because obviously I'm not a king. I have never had the opportunity to put frankincense or olive oil on a sin offering of flour, ect. etc. But the laws concerning health and morality should be followed. I cannot get involved in killing adulterers or folks getting mixed up in sexual perversions though so I'll trust the Lord to understand. The big 10 are still in force or Jesus would not have endorsed them. And he endorsed going above and beyond by following the spirit of the law not just the technicalities. John and Jesus both preached repentance as a condition of salvation, but I do believe that faith and grace are absolutely part of the equation. The Lord must be acknowledged and obeyed which equals faith plus works.
So it is clear that things much more significant than an iota or a dot have already passed from the law.

Which means 'Heaven and Earth' have passed away.......
No and no. I'm just saying portions of the law doesn't apply to me because I don't fit the categories it pertains to. Not a king, not a Levite priest, etc. Never had the opportunity to pour frankincense or olive oil on a sin offering. Never have dealt with a leper and as I said earlier my wife had a hysterectomy so the prohibitions on consorting with menstruating women do not apply to me. Jesus is the one who said the law and the prophets would last as long as heaven and earth do, not me. I'm just living in this world and doing my best to comply with God and Jesus.

Last edited by Hastings; 05/09/23.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer