Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by RHClark
If you interpret it wrongly to say works are necessary than you have to discount all of Romans as false and many other scriptures. As I've said many times scripture must be interpreted so that it all agrees, otherwise you have misunderstood.
Read Romans 13:1-6 and tell me Paul was not a crackpot or a Roman agent. If a witness once gives provable false testimony his testimony is no longer accepted.

How is Paul's statement substantially different than JESUS - ' statement - 'render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's'

Or HIS recognition that Pilate DID have the authority to set HIM free or put him to death.... AND where that 'authority' originated.....

BOTH seem to be an admission that the earthly governments have a place.....
BOTH admit to the reality that earthly government by man exerted authority.

PAUL averred that they (the civil government) were "ordained by God" and "he is a minister of God to thee for good" and "they are God's ministers". And Paul further warned you could get your head chopped off "for he beareth not the sword in vain". That sounds crazy

Now I have a question for those of you who quote Paul for your plan of salvation. Can you by using Jesus' words only as a reference come up with the same plan? It's OK to use the OT but Let's stop with Jesus.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer