Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by Muffin
As I asked earlier, are you saying use nothing that came after JESUS' ascension???

???
I'll have to think about that before I answer. Like the Ebionite Christians I rely on Matthew but I realize the translations I have were recorded after Jesus was killed, and they probably were translated from Greek after Jesus spoke in either Hebrew or Aramaic. Some Ebionite versions have been recovered or so I hear. I'll see if can find out any discrepancies between the Ebionite versions and the common English translations. I know the Ebionite versions were written before the first 2 chapters were added on to the front of Matthew.

The Matthew versions of the gospel I have make plenty of sense and few if any outlandish claims.

Are you a lawyer? Are you trying to set me up for a follow up question?

Not a lawyer, you asked basically, if I could 'get to the gospel' with just the OT and the Gospels......

'...Now I have a question for those of you who quote Paul for your plan of salvation. Can you by using Jesus' words only as a reference come up with the same plan? It's OK to use the OT but Let's stop with Jesus...'

I guess another question would be, do you accept all four of the gospels??? Let's say, the words of JESUS recorded by John.....

Last edited by Muffin; 05/09/23.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )