Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
So God lied? The covenant with Israel was not everlasting?
Yes, it's everlasting. However, that's often misstated. God said that it would be everlasting as long as they followed him. They didn't. They followed the pagan gods of Canaan and then they formed what amounts to their own religion, well away from what God set down for them. They refused to accept the messiah that God had promised to them. Jesus tried to lead them back to God and they killed him, as prophesied.
It was the Jews who broke the covenant, not God.
Maybe it was some Jews that rejected Him. Jews lined the road praising Him as he came into Jerusalem the last time and took over the temple. There was apparently a full scale insurrection that week that is not covered in the very brief account of what went on those few days. The Jewish hierarchy and the Roman forces must have brutally put down the uprising. The bible is notable for its brevity in complicated events.

In any case not near all Jews rejected Jesus and the first Christians were Jews both in Jerusalem and Asia Minor (Turkey today).

It is to be noted that the Jerusalem Christians and the Christians of Asia Minor rejected Paul and the Roman church adopted him after some alterations to his letters and the forgery of 2nd Peter.

It was the Roman church masquerading as Christian that disowned the Jews, not God, not Jesus.
So, once again you call Jesus a fool for tagging Paul to be his emissary to the Gentiles. You say that Jesus made a mistake because Paul would be a heretic. You don't seem to know that Jesus is omniscient, all knowing. He knew from the beginning exactly what Paul would do and say. Jesus was apparently too dumb to know that Paul wasn't really the best man to carry his message to us. You have to invent all this crap to convince yourself that Jesus made a mistake.
Jesus told Ananias that he would teach Paul how much he would have to suffer for Jesus' name. He's still suffering today because people like you still reject his message that he got directly from the Holy Spirit.

Act 9:13 But Ananias answered, "Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to your saints at Jerusalem.
14 And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on your name."
15 But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel.
16 For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name."

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.