Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by Hastings
As I asked earlier, are you saying use nothing that came after JESUS' ascension???

???
I'll have to think about that before I answer. Like the Ebionite Christians I rely on Matthew but I realize the translations I have were recorded after Jesus was killed, and they probably were translated from Greek after Jesus spoke in either Hebrew or Aramaic. Some Ebionite versions have been recovered or so I hear. I'll see if can find out any discrepancies between the Ebionite versions and the common English translations. I know the Ebionite versions were written before the first 2 chapters were added on to the front of Matthew.

The Matthew versions of the gospel I have make plenty of sense and few if any outlandish claims.

Are you a lawyer? Are you trying to set me up for a follow up question?

Not a lawyer, you asked basically, if I could 'get to the gospel' with just the OT and the Gospels......
'...Now I have a question for those of you who quote Paul for your plan of salvation. Can you by using Jesus' words only as a reference come up with the same plan? It's OK to use the OT but Let's stop with Jesus...'

I guess another question would be, do you accept all four of the gospels??? Let's say, the words of JESUS recorded by John.....
John is slightly problematic in that his timeline of events is somewhat out of order and he inserts a good bit of his opinion, but I'll read him when I get a chance, it's been a while since I read much of his version.

But to answer, yes I accept the other gospels but every now and then something will come up that doesn't fit, some of which may be a translation issue. Even the gospels require watchfulness for inconsistencies or additions. We are dealing with English versions of writings and memories that have been through several languages.

I do believe Jesus' teachings got through the process relatively intact.

Going to the farm. Be back after awhile.

So I guess my point, would come from John....

Certainly everything that JESUS spoke was TRUTH. BUT, by HIS own words HE did not speak the whole truth. HE said that would come later.

To answer your question, Yes, you can get the Gospel, with the Old Writings and the Gospels, but you would need to be happy not having the full, complete(teleion) revelation....

Last edited by Muffin; 05/09/23.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )