Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Jesus is clearly teaching that there won’t be even the slightest change in the Law of Moses until some condition is met. Either until heaven and earth pass away, or until all in the Mosaic Law is accomplished, or both. Heaven and earth clearly have literally not passed away. But the Torahists themselves clearly do contortions to try and explain why they are no longer bound by hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of commands in the Mosaic Law, as we’ve seen done right here on this thread. So clearly things much more significant than an iota or a dot have already passed from the law. And clearly there have been many changes to the Mosaic Law that resulted from the redemptive work of Jesus Himself.

Joh 19:30 When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, "It is finished," and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

Done.

DEUT 32 Moses is addressing 'heaven and earth' -- he was speaking to Israel

ISA 51: about v 16 ...I have put My words in your mouth and have covered you with the shadow of My hand, to [g]establish the heavens, to found the earth, and to say to Zion, ‘You are My people.’” - literal heaven and earth were built/created/existed, whatever, LONG before GOD put words in anyone........... - Sion/Zion = Israel

Isaiah is addressed to 'heaven and earth' -- Israel

Peter said the first 'earth' was destroyed with/by water - literal earth was NOT destroyed.....

Peter says the 'present heaven and earth' are reserved for fire..... literal??? or the earth 'like' the one destroyed by water..... in the flood Moses basically said airbreathing land animals died.....

JESUS said 'until heaven and earth pass away, no part of the Law shall in anyway pass' --- IF any part of the Law has passed, then heaven and earth have passed......

There was an 'earth' destroyed by water, there was or will be an 'earth' destroyed by fire, but yet Peter looked for a NEW 'heaven and earth'......!?!?!?!?!

Last edited by Muffin; 05/10/23.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )