Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by Ringman
RHClark,

The way you wrote "IF" reminds me of the "IF" at the top of the page where the word "if" is found. For example Romans 8:17 reads. "and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him."

Another example is Romans 11:22: "Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God's kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off."

Another is 1 Corinthians 15:2 where we discover: "by which also you were saved if you hold fast the Word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain."

We serve a harsh God; Who is harsh to those who do not continue in His love.

My God isn't nearly as harsh as yours. I have the benefit of mercy and grace. You have a fearful expectation of judgement. The sad part is in the end, when you have to face all the truth, you will realize you weren't good enough. I already know I'm not and it doesn't matter.

Because I quoted some Scripture right from God's Word you think I am trying to earn my salvation? That is an amazing leap. Did your God tell Eve, "I will greatly multiply your pain..."? Did your God tell Moses, "If I see the blood, I will pass. If I don't see the blood I will kill every first born human and animal at this property."? Did your God tell Noah, "I'm going to kill everyone and everything with the breath of life in their nostrils."? Did your God say, "For after all it is just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, and relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus shall revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the Gospel of our Lord Jesus. And these will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His Power,"?

No!
Because you constantly try to make the conversation about your perceived conditions for salvation. You only do this because you think you meet or exceed those conditions better than anyone else you know. This type of rhetoric is all you ever post about Christianity or salvation. I'm actually still trying to help you.