Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by krp
God hasn't given up on anybody.

Kent

Maybe. But God will give people over to a reprobate mind. I'd say that the path back is difficult once that happens.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind

You don't have to look around very much these days to see people who have been given over to a reprobate mind.

The disciples asked Jesus why he spoke to Israel in parables. His answer is pretty shocking. So that hearing they will not understand or believe.

We also have the offensive account of God hardening hearts. Pharaoh being a prominent example.

God certainly does “give up” on people.

God does not give up on people or harden them against him. I have studied the translations extensively. Read all the scriptures about Pharaoh' heart and you will find that they also say Pharoah hardened his own heart.

The scripture that says God did it doesn't exactly mean that God made him choose wrongly. It means that God made the situation in which Pharoah would choose. The Hebrew brings it out plainly that God takes responsibility only in creating the situation and in that way only did God harden his heart, not by causing him to make the damning decision.

It would be like saying "24hourcampfire hardened my heart against Pit Bulls." You may have read some stuff that caused you to harden your heart, but it's not like the decision was forced on you as if you had no control over it.

Last edited by RHClark; 05/02/23.