Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I believe the flood covered all the earth.

No serious educated or intelligent person believes that. Such a flood within the last 6000 years (which Genesis says is the age of the earth) would have left ample and indelible geological evidence. It didn't.

You are trying to use the logical fallacy "No Scotsman". There are millions of seriously educated scientist who study geology and even have made or make predictions about what they will find. You obviously haven't seriously looked into geology. I met an evolutionists with a Ph.D. in hydraulics when I was young and he was old. He used to work for the U.S. government to tell them where a dam should be placed to accomplish what they wanted. While studying the Grand Canyon he became convinced slow gradual layers over millions of years was NOT a feasible explanation for the canyon. Eventually he accepted a worldwide flood was the only reasonable explanation.

Even the tallest mountains in the Himalayas, Alps, Andes , Rockies have water born rock sediment containing marine fossils. Biblical creationists predict this. Evolutionist try to explain it without appealing to a worldwide flood. Evolutions have no mechanism to explain why the 2,000 feet of dirt that used to be on top of the dirt next to the Grand Canyon is not there. Creationists have a mechanism to explain it. Almost every road cut through even small hills display water born sediment.

Evolutionists have faith in something they have never seen or heard of in their studies. Creationist have faith in Someone Who was there and told Moses about it. There was only one word of mouth and it was not handed down for generation. The information came straight from God to Moses.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter