Originally Posted by plumbum
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by RHClark
If you interpret it wrongly to say works are necessary than you have to discount all of Romans as false and many other scriptures. As I've said many times scripture must be interpreted so that it all agrees, otherwise you have misunderstood.
Read Romans 13:1-6 and tell me Paul was not a crackpot or a Roman agent. If a witness once gives provable false testimony his testimony is no longer accepted.

1800 years ago, the church saw fit to include Paul's works in the Bible, and they were not only much closer in time and understanding than you, but they were trained pro's. They also disregarded the apocrypha.

I am sure you think you have outsmarted them, all these 18 centuries later, and a world away, but you have not.

Leave it to the professionals, and those who were there, so much closer in time.
Maybe you are right, I should just accept what the Roman state religion decided to give me. They would not have an agenda. They wouldn't add or deduct from the truth. Would they?

And after all the Christianity we have today is basically a lineal descendant of the Roman church. There are exceptions. Some think for themselves and reach back to the origin. You know, the OT and Jesus' words only.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer