Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by antlers
The only “conflict” is yours. And that’s representative of you. It’s not representative of anyone else or anything else.
It would then be helpful if you would share the logic as to exactly how the Holy Spirit lead you into truth that conflicts with the clear teaching of history, the church and the written word which the Holy Spirit inspired.
Again, the only “conflict” is yours. And that’s representative of you. It’s not representative of anyone else or anything else. Your academic and legalistic version of the “clear teaching” of history and the church is yours. And your academic and legalistic interpretation of the Holy Spirit inspired scripture is yours as well.

I don’t think that the word legalism means what you think it means.

Legalism/works based theology is set against antinomianism. The middle ground between the two is where we should aim. For about five years I’ve been about two clicks to the right, maybe three, on the antinomian side of the horse.

It’s quite interesting that you can’t or won’t defend your views. Your stance leaves a strong impression that you have no defense and possibly anticipate that your views be accepted simply because they are yours? If that’s the case you have to feel a great deal of discomfort when asked to give an account of what you believe and the hope that you have. I certainly did when all that I had to rely on was personal opinion.