Seems like some have few Deer, some have more than a few and some found a lot of sign, but few Deer showed up.

Weather and full moon seemed to be against some of us along with no snow to help in picking them out. With the exception, from what I here in the North country. Us shooting too many Does in certain areas is another problem, but not in all areas.

Hunter numbers seem to be down for the most part, so they were not out moving Deer into us. However, it has been that way for some time.

Re weather: I recently read an article where they tagged Deer to study their propensity to get up and move. Most movement occurred on windy, cold days with clear sky. We had some wind, but it wasn't really cold and there were a lot of cloudy days.

I hunted every day of the season except one, which would have been the first Saturday. Never less than 7-8hours per day. Didn't get a Buck, but saw two nice ones that I didn't get to shoot at. By Saturday I was physically and mentally tired. Then it was raining in the AM and since I wasn't having fun took the day off. For what its worth, I did see a good many on Windy days.

Some days I saw quite a few and some days only a couple. Most days I saw the most from 4-5:15PM. When it snowed Wednesday night of the second week, on Thursday I started seeing Deer that I probably would have missed earlier. More Deer moving ahead and ones I kicked up. Only obvious, but I wounder how many I missed seeing on the snowless days. The area is relatively thick. They didn't have to be too deep in the cover for me to have missed them.

At least 7 Bucks were taken during archery in the area I hunt. Big dent in what was left over for rifle. Archery is big in that area.

Took a Doe on Friday AM of the second week. She crossed an open field around 8:30am.

Cousin and his new SIL put on a two man drive on his place Wednesday of the second week. It is an area they usually don't go into until at least Thrusday of the first week. Put out 16 different Deer. Two Bucks and one was pretty nice from what they tell me.

Odd season. Not much movement seems to be the norm. Weather may have been a factor. Perhaps it was a season to find a place and wait them out if one has the patience for that.

Last edited by battue; 12/17/14.

laissez les bons temps rouler