What would make you believe it would be a fish story??

Anyway, the food supply in that particular area is far from lacking, in that there are what seem to be uncountable number of varying age clearcuts. Guess again on the type of cover this Buck moved in and out of.

Since you have got me on edge with your fish story comment, let me tell you the tale of this particular Buck and just about every other beeeg Deer he as taken from that N. country. The food supply is great and he will essentially take the entire archery season off. He will do more than a little scouting early season and once they start chasing he is in camp until he does or does not get a Deer good. Took two weeks this past year. The year before that was the first time in years he didn't get one and he missed a couple.

He will haul his stands on his back places you wouldn't and probably can't go. He will know where there are more than a couple Deer like this and then as long as there is sign the Does are hanging around in the area he will wait. He will see things you and I probably never notice. I doubt if you could keep up with him when he is on the move.

Your AR conclusions are true up until a certain point. Yes, this Buck got to live long enough up there to reach this size. However, it wouldn't make any difference if he lived in Allegheny Co with many more Deer. Let him live long enough, I.E. don't have him shot the first two years of his life and this is what you would get.

Go fish.

Last edited by battue; 01/14/15.

laissez les bons temps rouler