Back in the early 70s had a good spot for small game hunting shared with an old buddy. We went up there one year, parked where we always had and before we could head out, guy came tearing up the road. Yelled at us to get out. Found out he'd bought the farm from the previous owner since the last season.

No problem, went down the road a piece and I asked that guy for permission to hunt his farm and got it. I often cut across a corner of a field way back in, that I'd used to access some of that farm. Old boy was out in the field above me one year, yelled that I was on his land.

Walked up to talk to him. At some point mentioned the "new" guy down the road that'd denied us access to where we'd hunted for years. Told him we'd asked his neighbor for permission, had been hunting there ever since, just cut across his corner to get where I wanted to be.

Turned out the old boy didn't like the "new" guy down the road either, got along with his neighbor and said since I'd been cutting across his corner for a few years, might as well hunt wherever I wanted to on his place. Put a grin on my mug.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.