battue, I shot a doe the last day I could hunt. I was following a fresh set of tracks I came across and caught up to it in less than an hour. Depending on the weather (And the mountain has to be empty of hunters), I seem to do the best when walking around. Some areas are different when it comes to the weather affecting deer. I guess they are like people, different area, different ways. There are wayyy less hunters out in the bigger wooded areas than there used to be. That is why some areas are starting to come back with deer around here, but it is really a slow process. We got cut back to a 1 week doe this year and they dropped the number of tags. At last, some reason. I have seen the GC starting to change their ways. The mountains around here have been empty of hunters for the last 6-7 years and the doe population has not "Exploded". That is scarey right there. Like you guys, I see deer sign. That is good enough for me because I know they are there, but there are areas that are simply dead and used to have a good amount of deer.