I have been hunting public land in WV for over 20 years. I have seen a few like it taken during rifle season, (Missed one like it 3 years back) but most are taken during bow when they are on the move during the day. WV has no ARs in the area we hunt, but did open it up to doe hunting the last couple years. The hunters are now about 20%(If that) of what they used to be before the heavy doe hunting. There are spots on that GLs that you used to see deer frequently and now there is no sign of them at all. I go out after a snow in PA and cut tracks that are big and almost guaranteed to be a buck by the way they walk. Deer don't live forever. What happens once the big bucks are dead and there are no deer to replace them? I used to see areas with huge rubs go dead for a year or two, and then another buck would move in and start tearing up the trees. I really don't see that anymore. I am out there to shoot a deer, but don't want to feel like that guy that shot the last buffalo. On the side: Three of us passed on doe in WV this year. A small gesture, but I know some others are doing it too.

Last edited by Gunplummer; 01/14/15.