We are not talking about most States, we are talking about Pa. If some want to guess that spotlighting in Pa is poaching, then they are guessing wrong. Don't take a firearm and you are breaking no laws in Pa.

Re trespassing, again when in other States check and abide by their laws. When in Pa ours apply.

If you catch someone let the GC handle it. Same thing if you catch them again. Eventually $100 for x number of times becomes a deterrent. Admittedly it take some effort. Depends on how important it is to you, but eventually it will bear fruit.

There are some GL relatively close to Pittsburgh that have excellent planted cover for Pheasants and are huge. For example no 39 in Butler. It has more than a little Deer sign. Not sure I would want to hit it on the first day or Saturday, but even then it is big enough to get away from the crowds. There are also two or three close to Kittanning that show promise.

Farmers up that way are also starting to complain about too many Deer. Do your homework and finding a reasonable place to hunt shouldn't be all that hard. Again, some effort is required.

Own 56 acres myself which was my Grandparents old farm and is surrounded by farms and wood just S of New Bethlehem. I haven't posted it for over 30 years. That will probably change in the near future. I let the neighbors hunt mine and if they reciprocate it will be a good sized piece. Hate to do it, but may be pushed into doing so.

Have a friend who just took another nice Buck-one of many-during archery up around the ANF. He puts in the time. Like almost the entire archery season if that is what it takes. Again some effort and in his case dedication is required.

Last edited by battue; 01/04/15.

laissez les bons temps rouler