Late to the discussion on the last few pages here. I well remember the pre-QDM days. If you didn't see 35 deer the first day, it was a slow opener. You very well might look at those 35 deer and struggle to find that elusive year and half old spike that always seemed to end up on the game pole, if you got one.

Now, we don't see as many deer, but the herd's much better balanced, the bucks we get actually do have some horns, and are bigger that the 125-135 pound deer we shot in the past.

There was a period, after they shot off all the does, where it was tough just to see a deer, any deer, during the season. The herd is bouncing back now, at least in my area of Clearfield County.

I'm the first to admit that I was dead set against any form of QDM, but I have since changed my views on it's implementation, and how it's working. It's a big state guys. If you can't find deer in your usual spots, move around a bit. Hunting memories doesn't put meat in the freezer, and with so much publicly accessible land available, there's no reason not to try some different areas.

Last edited by gophergunner; 01/18/15.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla