One cold day I was Grouse hunting the last day of the season and got off of land I had permission to hunt. I knew it, but I was on the edge of both properties. Grouse were high and I wasn't shooting all that well and I got into a bunch.

All of a sudden this guy started yelling at me to stay where I was at. He came off the hill and I recognized him as an individual I had met earlier in the year Grouse hunting on a GL.

I had a Springer and he had a Setter. We had a pleasant conversation about Grouse hunting and Dogs and went our separate ways. He didn't remember me.

He was obviously worked up and asked if I had permission. I said I knew I was off where I could hunt, but was really into the Grouse and needed one more for my limit, but wasn't doing all that well in getting it. Again, again and again he agitatedly asked the same question and I repeatedly calmly gave the same answer and eventually said it is the last day of the season, we have established that I don't have permission, so here is my license and volunteered my phone no. Take down the info you need and contact the authorities. Have them call me and I will pay the fine, but it is cold and I've had enough. On top of that, the last time we met at the GL we had a nice conversation without yelling at each other. That's when the light came on.

He took down the info but quieted down and I walked away. About a week later the phone rang and it was him on the answering machine. Apologized for getting so worked up and said to give him a call about hunting the property. There were a lot of Grouse then and I let it drop.

Last edited by battue; 01/04/15.

laissez les bons temps rouler