I lived in Lehigh County on the border of Bucks County for years. I killed deer in fence rows, open fields, caught one sneaking down a creek, just about anywhere nobody went because it did not look as if a deer would be there. If someone in the neighborhood found out where you got a deer, they were really PO'd and usually tried to get exclusive rights to hunt there. It just may have been one of their deer that drifted off their property. We are losing more than hunters, we are losing people that actually know how to hunt. All they know how to do is watch videos, spend money at Cabela's, and grow tame deer. It is sad the way people whine and carry on when GranPa's farm gets sold out from under them. I suggest getting on the GC website and start looking at maps. Oh, the excuses start to roll out then. Some even have the nerve to get on forums and ask someone else to find private property for them to hunt. The truth is: A whole lot of modern hunters are simply afraid to get out of sight of a trail and would not know how to hunt deer if they did. If you have not checked out the new SGL mapping system, take a look. The new mapping system is great. It is not the old green maps that looked like some third grader's geography project. Before everyone accuses me of being a covert operative for the PGC, I will be one of the first to say they need serious improvement with their deer program. It is a disgrace what has been done to thousands and thousands of acres of prime deer hunting areas. I was coming home from work this morning and along the Lehigh Gorge there were about 9-10 trucks parked. I am guessing they were flintlock hunting. That area is not for girl scouts. Maybe there is hope after all.

Last edited by Gunplummer; 12/27/14.