This is interesting to me.. I hunted Pa. over 50 years ago.. When I was in my late teens, we all killed bucks.. I moved away in my early twentys, and after retirement, started hunting Pa. again. Changes in 50 years??? Wow!! Posted land everywhere, people leasing farms that have been open to hunting all those years but the last few.. Food plots, but baiting is illegal, unless you are rich.. No one hunted from trees when I was a kid, now they have small cabins built on stilts to shoot their deer from.. Someone mentioned having kids still hunt or put on little drives.. Great idea, years ago, but now finding the land to do it is no small task. Most likely you will be chasing the deer on to private posted land for some guy to shoot from is heated stand if he happens to see it between names or TV shows.. Have been fortunate to hunt many places and under many conditions.. When I retired in 1999 Pa. was a fun hunt.. Fair numbers of deer, quite abit of open country, boy has that changed in the last 15 years..
I for one am convinced Pa. was sold out the appease the insurance companies.. I have one living relative there at present who I am happy to visit.. when that ends, Pa. got the last $ from me it will get.. I do feel sorry for the trends the hunting has taken, it is no longer a fun deal, with good numbers of game, and open country.. Things change, almost never for the better..

Molon Labe