You best figure something out; and that is your memories of 20 plus years ago, while they may be good ones, probably will never be seen again here in Pa.

My memories of the past 10 years or so are far better than the ones from 50, 40, 30 or 20 years ago, deer wise.

Most of those earlier decades were memories of few deer, scrawny bucks and then maybe 20 years ago, doe up the whazoo for several of those years. But still mostly scrawny bucks during the period of seeing lots of does running about.

Best memories from those old days, were the companionship of hunters who have since passed on and time spent in the deer woods with them. Sure as hell wasn't for the "quality" of bucks seen or taken?

whistle

My opinion, these past few years have been the most memorable deer wise, just for the truly nice bucks seen regularly. Enough baldies around to keep me happy. Now and then when things work out in my favor, I roll one for the venison. After all these years and deer taken, no longer need to kill a deer each year to punch my macho card.

Yep, things have changed and not all changes were for the worse. If I don't count bein' a gimpy old bastard now?

grin

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.