Originally Posted by battue
I've been living is this State long enough to know that some have a bone for the PGC no matter what they do. They are always out to screw them with a bigger bone. It gets to be the point of being a dismal reflection on us as hunters.

Hunters bitch about the cost of a license yet can find the dollars to stock up on refreshments for a couple days hunt.

Hunters bitch about the science they use trying to give us a better Deer hunting experience. One fellow I know has shot the three biggest Deer of his life the last three years up in the North country. He has cameras out around his camp and giants are showing up. Giants that never showed up until AR went into effect. Canadian like Giants. Giants that for some reason they can't find when the season rolls around. Yet he thinks AR is a bunch of BS.

The PGC has its faults like all of us. Some of it forced on them by the legislature and the Fed. Protecting Hawks and Owls being a prime example. The increase in the number of Bears is raising hell on the Fawns. Archery is out of control, but the archers are a strong lobby and make their wants known to the legislature.
Combine it with the fact that archery is a silent killer and the legislature sees an easy way out to quell some anti-hunting voices and still say they support hunting. Thus they pressure the PGC, by controlling their budget to allow archery to run rampant in Pa.

Fellow asked me to go on a Pheasant hunt at a preserve. I told him that with Grouse being considerably down friends and I have shot over 50 Pheasants on Game Lands this year. We could have shot a hundred easily. He found it hard to believe the GC provides that type of opportunity for the cost of a regular license. I had to show him pics.

Pa hunters border on insane when they continually bitch about everything the PGC does.

Excellent post!