Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
If it wasnt for tradition Pa hunting would be largely over. I have been struggling to hunt for several years. I used to hunt to kill deer. Now I hunt because my dad and I hunt. My daughter wants to hunt and I take her along(only 11 next year she can get a license) but I feel guilty, as she is picking up on my disappointment. I know some is my fault, but when you hunt for a couple days and dont see a deer or hear much shooting, it is hard to get excited enough to put the time and effort in. We own the land but cant keep trespassers out(weak trespass laws). That"s a whole other rant!

Not in favor of posting for the most part, but I understand the reason for some. As far as I'm concerned Pa has a good trespass law. Don't post and it is open to hunting, combined with the fact if you don't post you are not responsible if someone gets hurt. Although today people sue anyway. If you properly post the land then it is not hard to convict if someone hunts it. Know a couple individuals who cracked down on trespassing and the word spread quickly, at which time their problem ended.

As an aside; saw a road killed Bear on the TP (that would be Turnpike for the jokers grin) the other day. Just past the Monroeville exit.

Want to fire the kids up? Then one suggestion would be take them out spotlighting. If any Deer are out there you will have a good chance of seeing them. And knowing they are there just may fire the Kid up. Then again when we used to spotlight the mountain country, it wasn't rare to see easily see a couple hundred.

Last edited by battue; 01/04/15.

laissez les bons temps rouler