Excuse me, but I have to ruffle some feathers here. It seems like the people posting that there are plenty of deer in PA are all referring to private land when talking about their hunting. I have hunted public land or land open to the public since I got my first deer. Drug a deer 1/2 mile? What, are you in the girlscouts? My favorite hidyhole GLs is a mile of walking right-of-way just to get to the gameLands. I know exactly how far it is because you could drive back until the trestle got too bad in the 70's. 2-3 mile drags are the norm. I use the new GC mapping system and have always used the late season as a scouting time in new areas. Some of these areas are beat into the dirt. There are rubs on trees from years back, but snow tells all. Maybe you should get out of the cornwoods and walk in the real woods before commenting about deer population and other hunter's abilities. Hunters don't want to move to new areas? What horse@#$%. In the early 90's all you saw on Sundays in the fall were guys looking for new places to hunt. I know because I was one of them. You think everybody wants to drive halfway across the state to hunt? The way this thread went to "How to get away with trespassing" pretty much shows me what most of you know about public land hunting.