If not mistaken there's an entirely different set of PA statutes for Agricultural Trespass? Not surprisingly, that is taken far more seriously in some quarters, than your "run-of-the-mill" hunting trespass type infraction.

Long before the internet existed, most of us had probably heard bits of wisdom on posting and trespass, few of which were valid.

My opinion, if PA had clearly indicated trespass laws like OH has, we'd all be better off?

The last time we had a major trespass fracas near my camp, it involved two adjoining land owners new to the area. One was a fairly recent transplant from the NYC area, the other boys were from NJ and had just bought their ground for hunting.

The guy from NYC had built a small house next to what was a long abandoned twp. dirt road, ROW of which was the boundary betwen the two properties.

He made the twp. spiff up that goat path of a road as far as his new house. The NJ boys rolled in while NYC was on the road in his semi, parked their motor home smack in the middle of the road when they came up for buck season. They got into a tussle over where the property lines were and got off on the wrong foot.

First day of buck, NYC called PSP because the NJ boys were hunting well onto his land (posted to the hilt along the ROW). Took the cop about an hour to get there. Negotiated some sorta peace and left, no charges.

NYC solved the problem, eventually bought the adjoining property when the NJ guys had a falling out amongst themselves and wanted to sell it.

grin

As for what you mentioned in the second post about people trying to bluff others out, we had a group tell a farmer he couldn't hunt where they were hunting one buck season. It was the farmer's own land, so that didn't go very well for them.

Once encountered two guys that tried that when I was deer hunting on an aunt's Potter farm. That didn't work either.

Last edited by dubePA; 01/04/15.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.