MarkFed, are you willing to pay for the farmer for all the crop damage? Most places it's bad now and at least in the area I hunt, we have as many deer as we did before they started thinning them down.

Changing subjects, I don't believe the 'once a spike, always a spike' thing but I do believe inferior bucks can and will pass on their genetics. Back in the mid 80's (84, 85, 87 or so) I shot 3 bucks in 4 years. Each one had a broken left antler stub about 1 inch high and an 8 inch or so right antler that had some nubs on it, not the typical smooth spike. All were shot on the same farm, you'll never convince me that the genes hadn't been passed on by the 84 buck.

I think AR's were necessary for a while but it's time to remove them. To me, any buck taken on a drive or by still hunting through the woods is good. Getting a buck this way is more of a challenge that just tagging a doe but the AR's make it too hard, you don't have enough time to count points. Plus you can't take that inferior critter if you wanted to.

Dale

This space for rent