Oh yeah, they are out there. I will never believe the buck/doe ratio was out of kilter where I used to hunt in the 80's. Once a deer gets through a gun season, they really wise up fast and you just do not see the bucks. I was living on the Lehigh /Bucks county border a few years ago. It was farms and housing with scattered woodlots around and behind the houses. We had patches of woods and scrub plus an open power line behind us. I was seeing what I thought was a big doe and three small ones moving up and down the power line almost every day. I was taking classes at the time and was going to miss almost the whole deer 2 week season. I shot the big doe. Surprise! It was an exceptionally large button buck. A couple days later I saw the other three in the woods next to the house feeding. Now I am curious. I glassed them and all three were button bucks. On new years eve, in the morning, I tried for another doe. There were two hot does running around on the power line. I could see Mr. Big's rack as he followed them around in the brush. He would not step out in the daylight. He had a hidey hole down in a patch of woods across the power line that was surrounded by houses. That same day a nice eight was chasing the two does around on the power line. I believe it is the same in the bigger wooded areas now too. I actually believe there are more bucks than does out there where I hunt now. I kind of always thought the ratio was about 50/50, you just did not see the bucks often.