There have always been big Bucks taken in Pa, in that we have good genetics. However, like anywhere for them to get there they need to live for 3.5 to 4.5 years. There is no other way. Kids are not ready for the NFL until that acquire some maturity, size and smarts. They have to grow up physically and Deer are not much different.

Those big Bucks of back in the day managed to survive the hordes of 100 car hunters who invaded their grounds and killed most of their relatives at 1.5. Although I never personally saw 100 at one location. Exaggeration perhaps? grin Then again, I have yet to see it all and am aware of the same.

No doubt today the herd total is less. No doubt the N. country can support more. No doubt that N. country hunters can make that happen if they leave the Does alone and tell the GC to keep their excess Doe tags.

More big Bucks today? You bet and it is State wide. Why? They are being allowed to live longer.

Addition: Just last week I saw one on a hitch that was coming out of the N. country. Probably a ML kill. Do the numbers, it is either 1, 2, or 3 less Deer that will be walking around there next year. When you don't have what you think is enough, each one counts.

Last edited by battue; 01/16/15.

laissez les bons temps rouler