Hunted 3C for the 33rd year. Lots of deer and lots of good bucks. Sightings went down after the first two days, but that is to be expected. I passed several small bucks that didn't really interest me and I filled my doe tag. My two kids both shot doe as well. Spotlighted the first night after season and saw 50+ doe on our road. A little over 3/4 of a mile. The deer numbers have been exploding where we hunt the last 2-3 years. We need more doe shot where we are.
The few things that I have seen change, people do not drive or push deer anymore. The deer are there but just hunker down when the shooting starts and nobody steps on them to get them running all over. The gangs aren't moving deer anymore like the "old" days. Posted ground is a lot of that. The second thing is partly an offshoot of the first. People stand hunt almost exclusively. Again, not conducive to high numbers of deer being seen.
PA deer hunting is changing, and it isn't going back to the way it was. The makeup of the properties and the mindset of the property owners is drastically different. Honestly I don't ever care to go back to the days of seeing 100 doe and 1 spike in a day of hunting. The quality of the herd is much better than it ever was and the habitat as well.

Last edited by jdunham; 12/19/14.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~