Plummer, relax.

First off, no one advocated how to get away with trespassing. Would be interesting if you can point that out. We did discuss the laws re trespassing. I personally discovered that I didn't know what I thought I knew. Always interesting to learn something new.

You think you are the only one that has had a long drag? Seriously doubt that to be the case.

Hunting where the Deer are and not wanting to drive to get there? I hunted every day but one this year and it was 1.5hours each way? Why? Well I thought it would be a good idea to hunt an area that had enough Deer to make it worth while taking two weeks vacation off. I could have hunted closer to home, but it would have been too confining and I wouldn't have enjoy it all that much. On top of that, I passed on a legal Buck the last day. Small fellow not even close to average. Perhaps next year.

I've driven to Wisconsin and Maine for Grouse. Flew to South Dakota for Pheasant. Had a great time but didn't take the Dog, so it wasn't the best. Plan on driving there next year. Why? That is what it is going to take to make the trip the best I hope it can be. Would I drive half way across the State to hunt? Have done so for Grouse. Have stayed in camps and motels. Never regretted a minute of it. Why? The hunting was often better than good. Would I do it for good Deer hunting? In a heartbeat.

Again to repeat myself. I discovered a long time ago that hunting where they are is better than the reverse.

I also have no aversion to hunting the cornwoods. Matter of fact there was corn pretty close to where I shot a Doe this year on my Cousins place. Could have shot a bunch on the 1000 acres I mainly hunted on. Then again there was corn within a mile of there in all four directions. How close is too close to insinuate it wasn't the real deal.

We can disagree on a lot of things, but to say any advocated "How to get away with trespassing" is a stretch.

Relax Dude and smooth down those feathers, it is a beeeeeg world. You do it your way and some of us will do it ours. It's all good, but if I can make a suggestion; Hunt where they are. wink

This whole no Deer thing is certainly true in some places. What always makes me wonder is why someone would hunt where there are few, then willing kill one and make them fewer and then bitch about there not being enough.

Then again the GC only sold the tags. We are the ones who shot them and then shot them and then....until they were hard to find. Certainly wasn't our fault. blush

Last edited by battue; 01/05/15.

laissez les bons temps rouler