Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

I am not defending SM. I am simply stating the facts of my association with him.

]Yes, I loaned him a small sum which he more than paid back.

Which is all well and good, and also right and proper. But to do so in willful ignorance of his public record of fraud and deceit is is either deliberately disingenuous or outright collusion, amigo!

I too was reluctant to pounce on SoFarILieMan for some time, but after his braggart's post about ass-shooting that bear and inveigling a respected member into finishing his kill for him, I chose to look at the PUBLIC record of his frauds, and at that point all sympathy, Christian charity, and forebearance on my part ceased.

As for letting one's personal experience serve as the guiding light for one's opinion of a man: I know an old man quite well who, as a small boy, was delighted to have both Adolf Hitler and Herman Goering give him presents at Christmas at his parent's home in Berlin. He says they were delightful men and he was very fond of them, particularly "Uncle Herman".

Even a monster can be charming when he wants to be.

Originally Posted by Spanokopitas
I have had private communications with him the most recent of which was yesterday. I will not publish those communications (or any other private communications) unless I have specific permission.

When judging a person I go by my personal experience not herd mentality. Others here would do well to follow that rubric.

Damn strange use of the word "rubric". But hey, whatever works for you.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars