Originally Posted by JakeBlues
I have a serious question about predestination. I consider myself a God fearing man. But I've always had issues with the idea of a "plan" for me. My belief is that the rules are laid out but I have free will and I make my own decisions in life, good and bad. Here's the question I have asked several people over the years and I have never gotten what seems to be a logical answer. If my path is set and I am not making all my own destination choices throughout my life, how can I be judged?

According to Scripture God’s ordering of the universe is such that there is room for both His sovereign plan and my/our free will. It’s mysterious and it jacks with my head, but it is what it is. If I could “get it” I’d honestly begin to doubt my faith; my inability to grasp Christianity is a reason I believe it so firmly.

On the other hand there is the truth that God is God and He says He has a plan and that I am to be judged according to my choices. So, one could say in answer to your question, “because He said so,” and be right.

But that wouldn’t be to say that it doesn’t cause me to bend mental pretzels trying to make sense of it.

To get to what I believe is the bottom of it for me when I’m in doubt, however, the question has to be (if it’s either or as we humans always want it to be) “in what world would I be most comfortable; one in which God is in full control, or one in which I am?”

That’s an easy question for me to answer.