Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

I would think you a very nice well meaning man,as I find most Christians to be. I also find however that people who don't really know much about what they believe always refer to the text of what they are supposed to believe to answer simple questions about what they actually do believe.
My questions are meant to spark thought in you,not to regurgitate Paul's thoughts. If indeed God is alive in you,why must you only repeat what He told someone else 2000 years ago? Those are questions you must ask if you are to ever be really One with God.

It seems to me that your question is similar or the same to most of the questions that people ask about the authenticity of Christianity. As a Christian I can honestly say that there is absolutely nothing that another man has lived, given example of or in which someone has reflected Christ that caused me to be a Christian. I believe that a lot of people become moralists in that way but not Christians.

Unfortunately modern Christian thought equates moralism with what a Christian is to be like. That moralism is equated with holiness or being like Jesus. Compare a moral Christian to a Moral non Christian and you can’t tell the difference. Being Jesus in the world or oneness isn’t Christianity. We can’t be Jesus. We can’t live the Gospel because we aren’t and never will be the gospel. We can speak about it but we ain’t it.

What is a Christian? A sinner. A sinner that has believed that Jesus death justifies himself before God. No better or worse than another human being unless he chooses to act that way. Just a sinner. Most Christians refuse to think of themselves as such or make excuses that they may sin on occasion.

It’s no wonder that non Christians look on with The understanding that they are viewing hypocrisy. Christians walk around talking about how holy they are or implying it all the while sinning so that others can see it.