Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Just like I said in the beginning of this discussion,you just want to feel that you are right. You have no interest in learning anything. I told you a great truth about the New Covenant VS the Old Covenant and you just totally dismissed it without even looking to your own rule book to see if what I told you was actually true. I won't reply to you again unless you come seeking an education.

From my observation of your conversation here both of you want to feel that you’re right, although I wouldn’t say that you “just” want that on either side. (I want to feel I’m right too, but I don’t “just” want that)

Sounds to me like, as in so many of these conversations, we have differing categories that make the nomenclature and semantics difficult to navigate requiring grace and a willingness to seek understanding on both sides.

Seems Clint’s question re: the ultimate authority on something like the ordination of same sex attracted men is a fair one and gets to an essential point. If one were ungracious we could assume that’s why you won’t answer it; I tend to believe having interacted with you over the years that you’re most likely talking passed one another and not understanding.

Seems also that RHC’s point concerning freedom under the NC is something to be considered even tho I, like Clint, recognize that an appreciation for those great men who have gone before doesn’t negate that fact but actually they had a great many good things to say about it which would likely reinforce at least some of RHC’s points.

The riches of the glory of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is far beyond individual men to relearn with each generation. Reflection upon the thoughts of great believers of the past is only a bad thing to the extent we lend it the authority only the HS (whose appointed means include the scriptures) should possess.

Grace and peace to all you brothers as you seek to know and follow God better! He is worthy of all blessing and honor and glory!

Last edited by efw; 09/04/20. Reason: Clarification in first paragraph