Originally Posted by jaguartx
So, if im predestined, why should i witness to those who are predestined to Hell? Why should i tithe? Why should i stand in Church and make a joyful noise? Why should i contribute to foreign missions?

I think you follow errant scripture.

For God so loved a few in the world....

If you study church history you’ll find that those who have my understanding of this issue have been amongst the most active in doing the things that you lay forth above. The reason for that those are the means that God has appointed by which He effects His plan. He has granted the preaching of the Gospel, prayer, and faithful observance of the sacraments unimaginable power in enlightening the otherwise dark souls of countless people through the ages. It’s His appointment that gives us boldness to continue and to be faithful to those means which seem foolish to unregenerate men.

The caricature that human reason creates of predestination is not that which is understood by those who adhere to it. All your thoughts make sense if the question is viewed from a purely human standpoint, but there is a rich mystery in God’s ways which transcend those of men. Hence my encouragement that you study; I meant no offense.

God has loved a great many in the world and showed it by the grift of His Son in whom we find redemption. It is not a few but a great (and getting ever greater) multitude.

Grace & peace to you sir.