Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
In the book of James we are told faith without works is dead. That haunted me for years until I died to self & was born again. Living a lifestyle of sin, instead of being tripped up by sin is different. If one says they are saved, but there was no change in their life they should closely examine their faith. God is to be feared. God is to be loved, and so is our neighbor.
I really believe James (brother of Jesus) had to be written to straighten out the misinformation spread by Paul. Likewise John in Revelation 2 quoted Jesus who congratulated the church in Ephesus for exposing him. Jesus and John the Baptist both emphasized salvation through repentance exemplified by a changed life and good works. This was nothing new then and has been the theme of the whole bible. The Lord stood ready to forgive at all times. He saved David, Nebuchadnezzar, and the whole city of Nineveh. The story of the prodigal son and the tax collector and many more were told to illustrate the need for repentance. Quoting Jesus "except ye repent, ye shall likewise perish"

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."