Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by antlers
His blood was shed for all.
^^^This.^^^

To me, He died for the sins of ‘all’ of the people, in ‘all’ of the world...’not’ just some of em’.

Well, according to some, He wasted His blood on some who had no chance of having their sins washed away, unless they had their sins washed away and are going to Hell anyway. whistle

You are the only one in this thread championing that idea. You introduced the straw man and then defend him without addressing scripture which deals with the issue. Not an intellectually honest way to approach scripture, ignoring, denying or avoiding the things that are difficult to understand.

Christ is not illogical. He is not unjust. Show me a scripture saying He predestined some of His creation to death and others to life, rather than showing me a scripture with the word predestined in it.

Im betting you're predestined to jump if stuck with a hot poker.

PS. My interpretation of this question is the result of only contemplation of just and unjust in the brain He gave me to study scripture and stand up for HIM and from the conclusions HE put in my head from reading this thread and my rudimentary knowledge of scripture.

I never studied Theology and truthfully dont know what youre talking about. I pulled up the definition of Calvanism yesterday, not having ever seen in scripture what the word means.

Im not saying we arent predestined to hell or heaven, im saying to me, it doesnt add up to what a life of scripture has impressed on me.

Maybe you're right. Maybe thats why theres going to be a great gnashing of teeth, those being believers who studied His word diligently, tried to emulate Him, tithed and still will end up going to hell, but I dont think so.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/01/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin