Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by IZH27
How do the members here, who believe in daily or frequent direct revelation, differentiate what you experience from the Gnosticism that the apostles condemned?
Nobody here has stated the “daily or frequent direct revelation” that you refer to. That Jesus ‘can’ reveal Himself in any manner He chooses has been stated. That God doesn’t ‘only’ reveal Himself through the Bible has been stated. The apostles didn’t condemn communion with God by means other than a Bible which didn’t even exist yet. They condemned the tenets of gnostic theology that were in direct opposition to the tenets of Christianity. The fact that none of the apostles, and none of the many early first century followers of Jesus had a Bible likely didn’t interfere with their salvation, or their abilities to have communion with God. I’m certain they asked, as we do, for knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. Not having a Bible was clearly not an issue with any of em’.

Alright then. I am alive. I'm not sure everybody is though because a lot of them act like pre programmed robots just regurgitating their original programming when I try to talk to them.Me and Jesus got this thing going on where I trust him and he has a great time living my weird and dramatic life right along with me. Yea, sometimes I satisfy my flesh ,but that's OK cause Jesus picked up that tab,and I keep on trying to do better,which is the real and only point anyway. Me and Jesus keep on going working on me.cause I got a big plank sticking out my eye.I got to be able to see clear to help anybody else,but Jesus loves me anyway,which might just mean that I love and accept myself. It might mean both since we are really just one anyway.

I got to keep on working on the truth I know,you know all those little things that the small still voice tells you that you ought to get around to doing instead in just saying someday you will start. Jesus said it was the little foxes that spoil the vine. Do you understand any of that? It all boild down to ,"If you are born again with the Spirit of Truth in you,then no man has to tell you what to do. You know what you ought to do. You have just been making excuses up till now,and telling yourself that someday you will get it right. That someday is now and life is now and Heaven is now,if you live in God,and he lives in and breathes through you.

Do you operate with this personal relationship/experience being the means of obtaining knowledge of God and growing spiritually?