Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by ctsmith
And BTW, I've got GAY friends.

Some folks at work tried to trap me by setting up a lunch with me and a new employed who happened to be a homo. At one point he mentioned he is a queer, trying to get some kind of rise out of me. I told him I didn't see any difference in his life style and a person who habitually ran stop signs. Both were sinful and both needed to be repented from. He, and the others who set me up, were surprised at my reaction to his claim.

God's Word is very clear, "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God." The first word recorded at the beginning of Jesus' ministry after Satan finished tempting Him was, "Repent." Matthew 4:17

According to Clark it's okay to not repent of some sins. What does Jesus say about that? It is better for a mill stone to be hung around their neck and they be town into the sea than to cause one to stumble. Scary.

I never said it was OK to not repent for sins.What I would say is that I don't have to be worried or even concerned that I have sinned or will in fact keep on sinning. I did all my repenting at the moment I was born again.

You like to quote the passage from Romans 3 "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God" . You totally missed the 2 verses before however which say."Now, the righteousness of God, without obedience to the law, is manifested unto all,and upon all who believe." Paul goes on in verse 28 of Rom.3 to restate the conclusion. Verse 28,"Therefore we conclude that a man is justified without the deeds of the law."

The fact that you can skip over these most important verses and still teach people that their righteousness is based on their obeying scripture is simply astounding.

The fact you can skip over the New Testament instructions, which is Scripture is simply astounding. God's Word teaches us to grow in grace and knowledge. It does not tell us to continue in sin to grace may abound.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter