Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Hastings,

All mighty God, the creator of Heaven and Earth, couldn't get his word pure but we can? Who decides? You? Me? Trump? Obama? Can we all choose differently, picking what we like and tossing out what we don't? Man that would make it easy.

I go with Jesus. And John the Baptist. And Jesus' brother James. The apostles Jesus publicly chose. And the Old Testament. I don't go with anyone that opposes Jesus' personally and repeatedly stated doctrine of salvation through repentance exemplified by works and as John said "works meet for repentance". James was obviously written in contradiction to Paul. In Revelation Jesus commended the Ephesians for giving Paul the boot. In a letter to Timothy Paul lamented that Ephesus had turned against him. I can't get past the book of Romans where Paul sets up the civil government as an agent of GOD. Check it out with an open mind. God won't punish you for seeking truth if he is just. Are you a Southern Baptist?

Hastings I"m sorry but your position does not dignify a response other than its simply completely wrong and extremely convoluted.

I am not Southern Baptist. I am a member of no denomination. I lean Presbyterian though do like a proper Baptism (but do not believe being dunked saves a person) .