Originally Posted by ctsmith
I would love for you to take the time to listen to a "Chosen by God" series by RC Sproul then report back to us on your thoughts.https://www.ligonier.org/learn/series/chosen_by_god/

From Lecture 1 I got that since Augustine, Aquinas, Luther, Calvin, and Edwards all agree on the Augustinian view of predestination, and in light of the sheer power of their Biblical scholarship, and that they command as much respect as they do, that that should lend much more credence toward me believing in it too. It also reaffirms that God makes His choice about our salvation and ultimate destination before we are even born...and it reaffirms that what God foresees in our life has nothing whatsoever to do with His choice regarding our salvation and ultimate destination...without any consideration of His foreknowledge of our acceptance or rejection with respect to the proclamation of the Gospel.

From Lecture 2 I got that if you don’t believe the part of the Westminster Confession containing these words: “God from all eternity did by the most wise and holy counsel of His own will, freely and immutably (that is, without possibility of changing it) ordain whatsoever comes to pass;”— that you are an atheist. It affirms that God is sovereign, and by His sovereignty He decrees anything and everything that happens. And He sovereignly elects, chooses, and redeems some, and the rest He passes over...before they were even born, and without regard to His foreknowledge of their acceptance or rejection of the Gospel. One group gets mercy (salvation), and the other group gets the justice that they deserve (destruction).

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.