Originally Posted by IZH27
With all due respect I find nothing related to Christianity in what I’ve been able to understand from your posts. I’ve been asking questions to try to make a determination of school of thought but you don’t reveal anything other than speaking in vague generalities. In my experience that is a very big red flag that your views are likely to be in no way orthodox.

As to “Jesus is my man”; no man is self informed. All men are influenced by the thoughts of those who have gone before them. This is another red flag.

That's because you and several others look at the Gospel as a set of rules to live by. You want to make sure everybody lives up to your standard. That's foolishness run amok. That's not what the Bible teaches at all. The theme of the Bible is that you can't do well enough trying obey your way into anything. You never could,no one ever could. That's the whole point. You have to trust in someone other than yourself. You don't need a set of rules passed down from OT days or whatever rules you can find in the NT either. What you need is an inward guide to lead you in the correct way every day of your life. Situations change,God doesn't, but what he wants you to do may be worlds and 2000 years removed from what he wanted Paul or Peter to do.

I absolutly do believe that the whole point of the bible is to get you to the point where you can be lead by the Holy Spirit. When you get to that point is is ridiculous to argue about this or that verse or what Paul meant or if his works are even scripture. It's all pointless because if you are born again,you are a seeker of truth.You know what is right by the very Spirit that lives in you. If you understood anything about the Bible at all you would see that the whole thing is meant to get you to a one on one relationship with the Spirit of Truth. I mean the right now alive Truth which is exactly what many of us ignored for years,while we argued about what Jesus told Paul or James to do and if we should make sure to do the same if we wanted to be saved. All that is a bunch of legalistic BS that leads you to nothing but judgement of others. Do you really want to stand in front of the Judge and start telling him what all you did?