Originally Posted by IZH27
Hebrews 5:11-end tells a different story. The recipients of that letter were denounced for their lack of understanding. The same can be said for all who were the subject of the epistles which Paul wrote to correct errors in doctrine and practice.

I want to get to know my God and the high things of His revelation to us out of love and devotion.

I love and am devoted to my wife; I show it by constantly seeking to know her better. I didn’t walk out of our wedding after having kissed the bride and exclaim, “well let’s not over complicate this relationship; this is as well as I’m ever going to get to know her!” No, as an expression of my love for her I have sought to delve into the depths of her soul and know her like I have never known another human being.

Same goes for God. If a knowledge the level of Sunday school songs is good enough for you go back to my analogy above and ask yourself if that would please your wife.

Not a salvation issue... the thief on the cross clearly never had the chance to get to know his LORD better... but we do. And our desires tell us (and the LORD) everything we need to know about what we truly worship.

Grace begets gratitude and gratitude humble, selfless action often in the direction we least want to go. That’s why He said “take up your cross and follow me” and “anyone who loses His life for my sake will find it”.

At least that’s been my experience.