Originally Posted by ctsmith
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Then,I would say you have sadly placed all your faith-trust in a book of rules,rather than in the living God.

I am totally depraved my man. The Bible is my guide. Guilty as charged. Meanwhile back at the gay church with a bikini offering, there are rumblings that since homosexuality is okay, that adultery should be too. I hear those offering girls are starting to get around. But their heart is their guide, so its all good.

What's so sad to me is that you don't understand your own guide. If you did understand you could see that you are operating under the Old Covenant. Just like them you believe that your life is to be guided by a set of written rules and when you break them you must look to the sacrifice for forgiveness as a path back into grace. Seriously think about that. It is a perfect description of the Old Covenant. In order to be born again,you have to understand what the New Covenant is.

The New Covenant doesn't forgive your sins by atonement. The New Covenant destroys sin by remission. Unless you understand that,you will remain ignorant and blind. The New Covenant doesn't forgive all who have sinned and fallen short. The New Covenant gives righteousness to all who believe,even if they don't obey the commandments.That's what the book you claim to follow tells you in Rom.3.

The new Covenant doesn't leave you totally depraved without a set of rules to base your righteousness on. The New Covenant transforms you into a new creation,totally blameless,all things are new and all things of God. At least that's what the book you claim to base your life on says. I suggest you read it sometime and actually try to understand it rather than just going by what somebody told you to believe.